WHAT IS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY (aka “IP”)?
- PATENT- Legal protection over a device, apparatus, method, computer programs;
- TRADEMARK- Legal protection for an insignia, design or word that relates to a product or service;
- COPYRIGHT- Legal protection for an artistic expression (for example, computer program, writing, artwork);
- DOMAIN NAME // WEBSITE and SHOP-SITE TAKEDOWNS- Legal enforcement of domain name reputation protection – pursuing Website Takedown
From the World Intellectual Property Organization, IP includes “creations of the mind, such as inventions; literary and artistic works; designs; and symbols, names and images used in commerce” (WIPO). At D&A, our Purpose is to help Creators and Developers Identify their IP, Record and Register their IP, and which leads to Pre-litigation Strategies that Protect the IP.
IP Acquisition refers to identifying and recording or registering creative and inventive works so that they may be monetized.
Our work extends to U.S. based and foreign clients alike. With an extensive history at U.S. and foreign bodies such as the US Patent and Trademark Office, the Food and Drug Administration, the U.S. Copyright Office, U.S. Customs, U.S. State and Federal courts, and the World Intellectual Property Organization, we are uniquely equipped to manage Creative and Inventive Works in the various arenas.
At D&A, we specialize in:
- Invention Analysis and Patent Filing
- Trademark Analysis and Filing
- Copyright Analysis and Filing
- Digital IP Rights Enforcement
- Pre-Litigation Strategy Implementation